Friday 13 November 2015

Mini Essence Haul


Hello Ladies,

How are you all doing? I was recently in my local Cara Pharmacy when I laid eyes on these little beauties from Essence. Everything pictured apart from the 'all about the Roses' eye shadow palette is from the Essence Christmas Trend Edition 'Merry Berry'. Merry Berry consists of 5 nail polishes, 2 eye shadows, 3 lipsticks, a highlighter, a hair fragrance spray and a scented gold dust powder.  


I'll start with the Merry Berry Scented Gold Dust Powder. Can we please all just take a moment to look at the packaging... Isn't is just beautiful! Housed in this gorgeous gold atomizer bottle is a very fine glittery gold powder. The powder is very slightly scented, a sweet kind of vanilla-y scent. The atomizer pump disperses the powder lightly and evenly so it's perfect for adding a bit of sparkle to the collar bones, shoulders and decolletage. It leaves a subtle gold shimmer on the skin which looks beautiful. Whats really great about this atomizer is that it's refillable, it can be refilled with other fine loose powders or perfume. This atomizer was an absolute bargain at just €4.39, it'd make a fabulous gift for someone else or a little treat for yourself. 


Out of the 3 available lipsticks in this range I chose two,  01 - let's the berry-tales begin (swatch on the top) & 02 pink and perfect (swatch on the bottom). The third lipstick is a bright red matt finish called 03- red rocks. All three are beautiful shades and the only reason I didn't buy 03 is simply because I all ready have tons of red lipsticks. As for the two I did buy you can see from the picture above that they are incredibly pigmented and opaque. They have a long lasting creamy formula and give a slight shine to the lips. The colors are perfect for this time of year and they compliment each other perfectly for an ombre lip too. I also really like the packaging, the gold on the packaging fits in so nicely with rest of the collection.


The last thing I bought from this collection was Merry Berry Nail Polish in 03- pink & perfect. I love the dark pink, berry color of this polish. It's definitely going to be my go - to Autumn/Winter color. I applied 2 coats for the picture above so as you can see it gives very good coverage. I didn't apply a top coat as I wanted to see the staying - power of the polish by itself and also the polish already has a lovely shine. I was very impressed by how long lasting this polish is, I was on day 3 before it started to chip which for me, is fantastic.


Last but not least I bought the 'All About Roses' eye shadow palette. It's not part of the Merry Berry collection but I couldn't resist it. The palette contains 8 complimentary eye shadows in rose-y, purple-y colors, perfect for this time of year. There are 3 matte shades and 5 simmer shades all with wonderful color payoff. . The powders are all very pigmented and blend together easily to give looks for both day and evening time. As you can see from the swatches above (done without primer) the eye shadows are of very good quality considering the price tag of a mere  €4.99. 

I'm really enjoying the latest essence products and I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do next. The budget beauty brand has really out done itself lately!

Thanks for reading and let me know if you've tried any of these!

Zara
x

No comments:

Post a Comment